We are looking for a Detailer in our Conroe, TX
location. This position will report to the Detailing Supervisor, CST Covers in Conroe and is a non-exempt position.
Here are some details about this position:
About CST Industries
CST Industries, Inc., headquartered in Lenexa, Kansas, is the global leader in the manufacture and construction of factory coated storage tanks, silos, aluminum domes, specialty covers and reclaimer systems. With over 100 years of heritage and 275,000 installations in more 125 countries, CST Industries is focused on providing our customers the highest level of quality and customer service. CST's existing company portfolio consists of CST Storage Products, CST Covers, and Vulcan Tanks. Manufacturing facilities and technical design centers are located in Parsons, Kansas; Winchester, Tennessee; DeKalb, Illinois; Conroe, Texas; Gardena, California; Rincon, Georgia and the United Kingdom. Regional sales offices are located throughout North America and in Mexico, Argentina, United Kingdom, India, Dubai, Singapore and Vietnam
- Performs detailing assignments under direct supervision from Lead Designers and Engineers.
- Prepares fabrication drawings and advance bill of materials from working drawings, given standard instructions;
- Prepares customer submittal and erection drawings given standard instructions;
- Prepares simple appurtenance drawing such as hatches, vents, and skylights, given standard instructions;
- Uses custom design programs in the development of fabrication drawings;
- Visits jobsite and performs existing installation measurements as required to complete designs and ensure fit; and
- Develops a thorough understanding of CST Cover’s engineering department standards and procedures.
- Working knowledge of AUTOCAD and computers;
- Knowledge of ShopPro as required to input Bill of Materials for all fabricated, fab stock, and warehouse items;
- Working knowledge of algebra, trigonometry, and calculator use; and
- Basic line work, lettering, dimensioning, and other basic drafting skills.
Years of Experience:
- AutoCAD proficiency, preferably including 3D and model space and paper space;
- Metal fabrication design experience;
- Bolted structural detailing experience; and
- Sheet metal detailing experience desirable
- Experience with Pro Engineer (Creo) or Solidworks a plus.
0-5 years or Degree from a Technical School
This description indicates the general nature of the tasks and responsibilities required of positions given this classification. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities. Nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of management to assign, direct, and control the specific duties of individuals performing this function. The Company reserves the right to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper.
CST Industries offers competitive salaries, great benefits, including 401k, health, vision and dental insurance and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.