We are looking for a Programmer Analyst
in our headquarters in Lenexa, KS
. This position will report to the Director, Engineering IT Systems.
As Programmer Analyst with CST, responsibilities will include supporting the design, configuration, programming and maintenance of CST’s Engineering IT Support Systems, with minimal supervision. This task will require regular interactions with Inside Sales and Engineering departments to fully understand application requirements. Furthermore, this position is responsible for integrating the Engineering IT Support Systems with CST’s back office systems, current and future business systems. The work requires knowledge of the policies, procedures and methods in the field of Information Technology and programming.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer the company PDM System (ProductCenter);
- Work closely with Engineering and Sales to document product offerings and participate in administering and maintaining configuration and quoting systems;
- Generate programming code, devise sample test data, run tests of programs and deploy applications to production;
- Assist in troubleshooting and performance tuning including packages, procedures, triggers, views and sequences;
- Implement and/or integrate databases and/or client requirements related to database requirements;
- Effectively interface with internal and external customers to ensure accurate requirement gathering;
- Ensure the accurate and timely communication of the status of assignments, job responsibilities, and the resolution of problems to the appropriate parties;
- Develop and update application (end user) documentation;
- Ability to travel to any of the CST offices and other destinations, as needed;
- Minimal off-hour support is expected of this position; and
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field
- Minimum of 3+ years of IT experience in a technical programming role; preferably in an industrial machinery manufacturing environment
- Good communication skills - both written and verbal
- Ability to work with people in a problem solving capacity
- Ability to conduct training and informational sessions
- Ability to gather and analyze facts, draw conclusions, define problems and suggest solutions
- Work independently with minimum supervision
- Solve complex problems on own and proactively identify new solutions to problems
- Plan, prioritize, organize and complete work to meet established objectives
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to staying current with IT technology via continued training, education and learning
- Proficient working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows technologies, Microsoft Office applications and VBA
- Experienced in at least one relational database programming language
- Experienced in at least one application development programming language, e.g., Microsoft Visual BASIC .NET
- Experienced in at least one SQL database programming environment, e.g., Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
About CST Industries
CST Industries, Inc., headquartered in Lenexa, Kansas, is the global leader in the manufacture and construction of factory coated storage tanks, silos, aluminum domes, specialty covers and reclaimer systems. With over 100 years of heritage and 275,000 installations in more 125 countries, CST Industries is focused on providing our customers the highest level of quality and customer service. CST's existing company portfolio consists of CST Storage Products, CST Covers, and Vulcan Tanks. Manufacturing facilities and technical design centers are located in Parsons, Kansas; Winchester, Tennessee; DeKalb, Illinois; Conroe, Texas; Gardena, California; Rincon, Georgia and the United Kingdom. Regional sales offices are located throughout North America and in Mexico, Argentina, United Kingdom, India, Dubai, Singapore and Vietnam. CST offers attractive, competitive compensation and benefits including, medical, dental, life, STD, paid vacation and personal days, 401k and an EAP program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform substance abuse testing and background verification checks as permitted by state law.
***CST Industries, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters/third parties. Please, no phone calls or emails regarding this posting.***
CST Industries offers competitive salaries, great benefits, including 401k, health, vision and dental insurance.
CST is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications